Monday, May 08, 2006

Emily Arrives in Rome

We have our first report -- from Emily. Since making this report, she has bumped into Rafa (literally), and I'm sure we'll get more details, other than a very excited SMS report. Thanks to LZ for communicating the latest news from the front:

Posted: 08 May 2006 09:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Emily's school blog. Emily is on a class trip to Rome:

Good afternoon – first post from Rafamazing Roma !

There’s someone sitting next to me at the hotel and he just told me (out of NOWHERE! I don’t have Rafa as a wallpaper) that “Nadal is playing Moyá in the first round”, ehh, do I look like a Nadalette or what ?!? Gotta find out how he knew that I was interested in it. Just replied with something as “Gracias” (Note to myself: I’m in ITALY, not SPAIN! ) Anyway, I only hope he’s joking or lying and that it turns out he is one of the journalists I met in Rotterdam and that Rafa is playing a qualifier, but.. I guess not. *sends La Zingara an SMS to check* I wanna see the first round! Moyá had a good week in Estoril (semi finals?), Nadal lost in Miami, 2nd round to Moyá! Maybe I’m going to ask my teacher if I can go to the match, but that’s only possible if they are playing on Tuesday.. Got the interviews on Tuesday, so maybe it’s possible.

(...)

When we arrived there was some trouble with some bags, luckily enough I wasn’t one of them.. Hope everyone found their stuff back and otherwise, you can ALWAYS get my bra, Kevin, don’t worry.. [Ed. note -- must be an inside joke.] But, don’t know if there’s any of my classmates who is reading this, anyone got extra batteries ?! I forgot mine !! And they are for my camera.. HELP! Any Italian who’s reading this and can tell me where to buy good batteries?! That are surviving a week with me ?! Can anyone of VR ask on the board to the Italians?! I’m desperate! I’m afraid to ask the man next to me, he’s not looking like he had a good night.. And he already surprised me with his tennis knowledge, I might need him later this week, so I don’t wanna look like a 2nd Jessica Simpson.. Not that I think he ever heard of her, but I don’t want to give him a wrong impression of me.

About the Roma Masters, except for the draw, players hotel and the announcements in the town, I haven’t seen anything. Now I must admit that I wasn’t in the mood to look at the airport to spot a G. Coria or someone else, but normally I’m so “lucky” to bump into someone ‘that important’…

(..)

Guess this was it for today, will let you know as soon as I spot Rafa (got no mission for him! Anyone has an idea?), Feli (gotta ask him why he never has a bad hair day and.. if he’s practising those “sexy looks”), Nando (gotta kiss him for LZ!) and the rest…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Emily!

Have you tried a supermarket for the batteries?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home